The state of the art in European Aeronautics and Space will be presented in July at the seventh EUCASS conference. The gathering will be hosted by POLIMI in Milano (http://www.eucass2017.eu/). We'll be over 600 participants among the best professionals in Continental Europe, Russia included. A significant number of experts from all other continents are also joining. Indeed, EUCASS, the European Conference for Aero-Space Sciences, is the second largest scientific conference on the continental scale after AIAA's SciTech in the USA. The association was launched in 2004 and ran its first ever conference in Moscow in 2005. Since then, this biennial event has set foot in the major European countries engaged in aeronautics and space.
The agenda this July will comprise:
- 600 presentations on all of the relevant enabling sciences, organised in workshops and five major symposia;
- comprehensive reviews of the main European aeronautics and space programmes;
- lectures from decision makers about future programmes on launchers, space missions, flight economy in commercial aviation, ATM, etc.
In many ways, the conference is singular. Its focus is mainly on enabling sciences and R&T. At the outset, its programme is structured to stimulate cross-fertilisation between the two domains aeronautics and space. This year it will also showcase the virtues of multidisciplinary research management and present some of its success stories.
Cross fertilisation and multidisciplinarity can be very fecund if implemented in partnership with other end users in the field of energy. Consider for instance launching or further developing bridges between:
- Helicopter rotor and windmill developments;
- Electric/hybrid propulsion of passenger planes and ground production of electricity and/or hydrogen;
- Surveillance of power lines, motorways and railroad tracks with automated or remotely controlled drones;
- Development and storage of alternative fuels;
- Advanced methods using pulsed high pressure plasmas for flow and combustion control;
Join us in a two-way exchange. You may have solutions unknown of the aerospace world and vice versa. Joining our EUCASS 2017 conference may open new visions, new markets for you, or allow us to leapfrog our competitors in key areas and/or pass on to you advanced expertise. You may still be able to submit a paper1.
In any case it is in your interest to come, catch up with us and embark in discussions about your own activities and solutions, and so much so whether they address basic science or prototype development. You may also want to follow the plenary on funding opportunities in Europe. Expect presentations from the EC, the major space agencies, and some foreign agencies that have supported us like AFOSR or ONR.
Last but not least, if you prefer quieter environments and bluesky research, please consider joining our forthcoming Aerospace Thematic Workshop on Plasmas for Flow and Combustion Control (https://www.eucass.eu/index.php/conferencesand-publications/atw-2017) scheduled near St Petersburg in April. The field is over two decades old and maturing. It may hold the solution to your problems in atmospheric pressure fluid flows or in control of flames and pollution. The 20 best specialists worldwide will lecture in the physics and chemistry of this promising discipline. Fundamentals, instrumentation and applications will be presented.
This community of specialists is very warm, like a family, and the venue is outstanding.
1. If you believe you do have a presentation that could be of interest to us, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org